What is SIRI
Siri is a built-in “intelligent assistant” that enables users of Apple iPhone 4s or later and iPad4 or later and iPad mini or later and Apple Macbook with OSX Sierra devices to speak natural language voice commands in order to operate the mobile device and its apps.
How to install Siri on Macbook
Frist update your Macbook to Latest OSX Sierra (10.12 or Later) all you need is 64bit Intel processor, 8GBs of free disk space and at least 2GB of RAM.
The Compatible Model of Macs that can run OSX Sierra
- iMac – all models from late 2009, iMac 10,1 – 17,1
- MacBook – all models from late 2009, MacBook 6,1 – 9,1
- MacBook Pro – all models from 2010, MacBook Pro 7,1 – 11,5
- MacBookAir – all models from 2010, MacBook Air 3,1 – 7,2
- Mac Mini – all models from 2010, Mac Mini 4,1 – 7,1
- Mac Pro – all models from 2010, Mac Pro 5,1 – 6,1
How to use Siri on Macbook pro
The easiest way to use Siri is to click on the menu bar in the upper right croner of the screen
The icon in the Dock
Siri will activate once you click and stick around for a while until you give a voice command their are many commands you can give to Siri
Mac Siri Commands List
This list will give you an idea of what to try and where to start with Siri on the Mac:
- Put my computer to sleep
- Activate the screen saver
- Make the screen brighter
- Make the screen dimmer
- Is Bluetooth on?
- Turn Bluetooth off / on
- Lower the volume
- Increase the volume
- Show me privacy settings
- Show me location settings
- Show me network settings
- What is my desktop wallpaper
- I forgot my iTunes Password
- How fast is my Mac?
- How much memory does my Mac have?
- How much free disk storage is available?
- What is my Mac serial number?
- What OS version is this?
- How much iCloud storage do I have?
- Open Mail application
- Open Safari
- Open Messages
- Open the website for OSXDaily.com
- Open the webpage (site name or site URL)
- Send a message to (name) saying (message)
- Open the Documents folder
- Open the Pictures folder
- Show me files named “screen shot”
- Show me files from yesterday
- Show me image files from last week
- Show me documents from two days ago
- Show me what I was working on yesterday
- Show me my music
- Play (song name) in iTunes
- What song is playing?
- Skip this song
- Remind me to call (name) in 20 minutes
- Show me pictures from last October
How to deactivate Siri in Macbookpro
Siri can be deactivated by clicking the small “x” in the top right corner of its dialogue box.
Siri is the most productive and powerful tool in the Apple ecosystem which enhance the performance of its devices by developing the powerful commands which can make day to day task easier.